UPDATED FIREWOOD POLICY
From the Indiana Dept. of Natural Resources web site:
“There are 140 known pests and pathogens that can be moved from place to
place in firewood. We all have a responsibility to conserve our park
properties, so the Indiana Department of Natural Resources implemented a
new firewood management rule that will be in place on at our campground
starting this year.”
You can bring firewood into Wolfe’s Leisure Time Campground IF:
• It is kiln dried scrap lumber without any nails, screws or staples. (no
treated lumber or pallets)
• It is from your home or other location in Indiana and has had the bark
(Ideally, ˝ inch of sapwood beneath the bark will also be removed.)
• It is purchased from a department store, grocery store, gas station,
etc. and bears a USDA
• It is purchased from a local firewood vendor outside the property and
has a state compliance stamp with it.
• YOU MUST NOTIFY US UPON ENTRY THAT YOU HAVE FIREWOOD WITH YOU.
www.in.gov/dnr for more
We also request that you stack
firewood in a free standing pile away from our existing trees.